Recently i upgraded my OSX to El Capitan from Yosemite and 1 of my software stopped working as it requires Java SE 6 to run. I did not have time to search for a solution and it took me just 1 hour to fix this. Follow the below steps to give it a try, it worked for me though.
Open Terminal from Finder or access through Utilities or if you already have a shortcut icon like me on my dashboard.
You will need to type in the following commands.
1) sudo rm -rf /Library/Internet/Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin
2) sudo rm -rf /Library/PreferencePanes/JavaControlPanel.prefpane
You may check whether there is jdk by accessing the following directory.
1) cd /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines
2) ls (this is to list down the files and folders residing in it)
3) sudo rm -rf jdk1.8.0_25.jdk (or whatever version you have there).
Once done, go to the following Apple link and download the java version and install.
Voila, downgrade successful!