Image from http://canadaopen.org/en/immigration/express-entry.html
So before you embark on the application for Express Entry, do take a look at the comprehensive guide on how you could score more points w/wo your spouse/partner.
Read here. Important!
Canada Immigration Authority have come out with a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) Criteria – Express Entry
This is important if you feel that you are too old like me to apply and this guide provides you some sort of feel of your chances.
Let's take a look at my points!
1. Age - 35 points - it can decrease to 25 points once it hits my birthday next year (unlucky to be born early part of the year - duh!)
2. Education - 112 points
3. Language - 29 points (CLB 9)
4. Spouse Education - 8 points
5. Spouse Language - 5 points
6. Skill transferability factors - 100 points
Total of 289 points. Not enough to meet the cut off threshold of 442 points. So I definitely require Province Nomination in order to boost my chances.
There are many provinces that have express entry and do visit each individual province's website to see what they have to offer. It does provide some kind of enlightenment of what the province/territory is able to provide.